We are always looking to add new talent to our team. If you are academically strong, detail-oriented, and a great writer, we would love to hear from you. Prior workplace investigation experience is an asset.
For employment enquiries, please forward your resume, your law school transcripts, and a writing sample along with a cover letter in confidence to email@example.com.
Investigations Lawyer, Full-time.
Mortimer Khoraych is seeking two full-time associates to join our growing investigations practice.
As an Investigations Lawyer, you will work as part of our team investigating workplace, institutional and regulatory complaints involving allegations of abuse of power/authority, conflict of interest, breach of professional standards or codes of conduct, discrimination, racism, including micro-aggressions, Anti-Black/Anti-Indigenous racism, and unconscious bias, harassment, including sexual and human rights based harassment, bullying, retaliation/reprisal, and other misconduct.
You will engage with interesting, important, and at times complex and high-stakes files. You will use and continue to develop your legal skills in an adjudicative and non-adversarial role.
You will work both autonomously and collaboratively with team members on investigations. You will lead your own investigations, which includes intake and particularizing the allegations, conducting witness interviews and obtaining relevant evidence, analyzing the evidence collected to make findings of fact and credibility, and drafting reports of your findings. You will be a primary client contact on many files.
While you will work autonomously, we are also committed to providing great training and support in a collegial and team-focused environment. Along with informal support, we also hold weekly one-on-one meetings, bi-weekly team meetings, and regular mentoring. Our Investigation Lawyers have flexible schedules and remote work arrangements, and a competitive compensation package.
The successful candidates possess the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of litigation experience conducting hearings, arbitrations or trials as counsel.
- Prior workplace investigations or labour/employment law experience is considered an asset.
- Strong grasp of rules of evidence, fact-finding, and analytical/evidence assessment skills.
- Ability to synthesize large quantities of information and identify relevant information and facts; detail-oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrable time management skills and the ability to prioritize competing demands.
- Professional, disciplined, motivated and a self-starter.
- A licensed lawyer member of the Law Society of Ontario in good standing
Qualified candidates should apply in confidence by submitting post-secondary transcripts, resume/CV, and two writing samples (redacted investigation reports where possible) to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment comprised of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities, and cultures. Mortimer Khoraych encourages qualified applicants from marginalized/equity seeking groups, or those who would contribute to the further diversification of our firm, to apply.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those progressing further in the recruitment process will be contacted.